New Packaging Design for Kaya Herb House – Jamaica
Kaya Herb House is the first medicinal Herb House in Jamaica.
The cannabis is part of Jamaican culture. It was brought to the island hundreds of years ago by various ethnic groups, especially East Indians whose ancestors had been using the herb for thousands of years. The name Ganja comes from one of the earliest languages known to mankind called Sanskrit. It became a significant aspect of Jamaican culture with the emergence of the Rastafari
movement in the 1930s.
So after decades of marginalization and criminalization of the herb, Kaya is working to make these same herbs that we respect so much a mechanism of change for good. The Rastafari’s beliefs that ganja is a sacred herb spread across Jamaica and the Caribbean, influencing the culture.
In this project we don’t just think about a package that will protect the product from its manufacture until its sale. This packaging project carries the seed of a new Jamaica.
- Design Agency: Hot Brand Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: New Packaging Design for Kaya Herb House – Jamaica
- Brand / Project Name: Kaya Herb House Packaging Design
- External Design Credits: Creative Director Rick Souza, Art Director Eduardo Esteves, Illustrator Eduardo Esteves
- Production Credits: XT Packaging Ltd.
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding
- Location: Brazil
- Market Country: Jamaica
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Health & Beauty
- Consumer Packaging Format: Box, Jar, Sachet
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Jar, Plastic, Pulp Paper, Wood