New Brand And Identity For Tessito
About the brand
TESSITO is well-known Mexican tea brand in Queretaro, where it originated in 2011. The mission of the brand is to
promote the art of drinking fine tea among Mexicans, and it aims to fulfill its vision of being the most important Mexican
tea chain. The goal is to make Mexicans addicted to drinking TESSITO. Looking for #tessitolovers in every city.
The brand launched eight years ago with their original logo and first store. In 2016, they decided it was time for a refresh.
This is where I came in, making TESSITO a simpler, bolder, more elegant and feminine new brand identity. Since less is
more, I abstracted the T making it the icon to represent the brand. I removed the white flower and replaced the detailed
green leaves from the T and the small, grey capital serif typography that reads the brand’s name. With capital sans serif
letters for the name below the T, I created a bolder statement. I chose black for the brand’s color with green as an
auxiliary color for applications. Also, used flower illustrations to complement the feminine side of the brand. Later on, I
applied the visual identity which included designing the packaging, menus, tea cans, web page, cups, uniforms, etc.
TESSITO has opened over 8 stores across Mexico with the new brand identity and is still expanding across Mexico. This
created a new partnership between asgvdesign and TESSITO, which continues to this day. This year they launched a soft
serve tea-flavored ice cream; a sub-brand using the same logo in pink to separate the products but all harmonized to
keep the same brand identity.
- Design Agency: asgvdesign
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: New Brand And Identity For Tessito
- Brand / Project Name: TESSITO
- Production Credits: Head of Production and Owner: Patricia Ortega Head of Marketing: Nazaret Fierro Marketing Manager: Paola Monserrat Photography: Andrea Inurria Web Programmer: Andres Ortega (ABC DESIGN) Arquitecture: Mario Ramirez
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Redesign, Graphic Design, Rebranding
- Service Brand Application: Brand Guidelines, Packaging, Print Manual, Print Stationery, Website
- Location: Mexico
- Market Country: Mexico
- Market Region: North America
- Project Keywords: Tea, packaging, flowers, Mexican, black, branding
- Industry Category: Food/Beverage