Nefer the Luxurious and Exclusive Perfume Bottle Design by Anas Belekhbizi and Amr Mousa
“nefer” is when art, technology, and design are combined to create a luxurious and sophisticated product. The inner core containing the fragrance as the body contains the soul. The exact translation of the ancient Egyptian word “nefer” in English is “Beautiful on the inside and the outside”.
The fragrance was of a great importance in ancient Egypt. In fact, Egyptian mythology even notes the god “Nefertem” as being the lord of perfume. He is often depicted carrying water lilies, which were a common ingredient in making ancient Egyptian perfume.
It’s said that great Egyptian leaders like Queen Cleopatra and Queen Hatshepsut used fragrances to scent their bodies, quarters, baths, and even took perfume with them to the grave.
Nefer: “nefer” is a word in the Ancient Egyptian language that was used to symbolise beauty and goodness. The exact translation of the word in English is “Beautiful on the inside and the outside”.
Task: The task was to create a luxurious and sophisticated product, package, and brand. starting from picking a name and to manufacturing. The volumetry of this exclusive fragrance is 90 ML / 3 FL. OZ.
Logo design: Visually, hieroglyphs are all more or less figurative: they represent real or abstract elements, sometimes stylized and simplified, but all generally perfectly recognisable in form. The scripts are written between two lines and the height is one for all, so here, the “f” matches the height of all the letters in the word “nefer” to give a luxurious feel to the eye.
Packaging: The goal was to create a very Iconic and identifiable packaging. The box is almost a sculpture with its curved edges in a very elegant appeal with the gold metal typography. The bottle design is derived from the curved lines of the female figure; A cumulative product of the skeletal structure and the quantity and distribution of muscle and fat on the body as they are typically narrower at the waist than at the bust and hips.
Manufacturing: 3D-printed gold titanium perfume bottles. When art, technology, and design are combined to create this luxurious piece of organic lines that embrace the inner core containing the fragrance as the body contains the soul.
nefer = Beautiful on the inside and the outside.
Paper Sampler Concept: The Egyptian hieroglyphic symbol “nefer”, thought to represent a heart and trachea. The paper sampler is inspired by the anatomy of this ancient Egyptian symbol.
- Design Agency: Anas Belekhbizi & Amr Mousa
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Nefer the Luxurious and Exclusive Perfume Bottle Design by Anas Belekhbizi and Amr Mousa
- Brand / Project Name: nefer
- External Design Credits: Art direction: Anas Belekhbizi, Amr Mousa - Graphic design & animations: Anas Belekhbizi - Product Design & Packaging: Amr Mousa
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Product Architecture, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design, Brand Experience, Industrial Design, product design
- Location: Italy
- Market Country: Italy
- Market Region: Global
- Product Category: Fashion
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Box
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Metal, Gold Titanium, 3D-printed perfume bottles