Mykulyn Whiskey is the first ukrainian single malt whiskey. It has an exquisite warming soft taste with notes of milk chocolate, which gives a feeling of warmth and completeness of taste. The company approached us with the task of developing a visual representation for two types of whiskey, which differ in alcohol by volume and richness of taste. Matured whiskey is a classic product for the market, so the label and packaging should reflect the craft origin of the drink, its authenticity, as well as evoke a sense of trust among consumers.
We analyzed the design of labels and packaging of well-known whiskey producers and found some similarities — a kind of design techniques that have already formed a certain classic. Therefore, in order to win the trust of consumers at first sight, we decided to work towards a traditional design that would look harmonious on the shelves next to world-famous whiskey brands. For both types of whiskey, we chose a common color scheme, and using a different balance of colors, we were able to differentiate drinks within a single product line.
- Agency/Creative: Vataga Agency
- Article Title: Mykulyn Whiskey Label and Packaging Design by Vataga Agency
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Ukraine
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Photography
- Format: Bottle, Tube
- Substrate: Glass, Pulp Carton