Mykulyn Whiskey Label and Packaging Design by Vataga Agency
Mykulyn Whiskey is the first ukrainian single malt whiskey. It has an exquisite warming soft taste with notes of milk chocolate, which gives a feeling of warmth and completeness of taste. The company approached us with the task of developing a visual representation for two types of whiskey, which differ in alcohol by volume and richness of taste. Matured whiskey is a classic product for the market, so the label and packaging should reflect the craft origin of the drink, its authenticity, as well as evoke a sense of trust among consumers.
We analyzed the design of labels and packaging of well-known whiskey producers and found some similarities — a kind of design techniques that have already formed a certain classic. Therefore, in order to win the trust of consumers at first sight, we decided to work towards a traditional design that would look harmonious on the shelves next to world-famous whiskey brands. For both types of whiskey, we chose a common color scheme, and using a different balance of colors, we were able to differentiate drinks within a single product line.
- Design Agency: Vataga Agency
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Mykulyn Whiskey Label and Packaging Design by Vataga Agency
- Brand / Project Name: Mykulyn Whiskey Label and Packaging
- External Design Credits: Creative Director Costya Khmeliuk, Art Director Nazar Kumanovsky, Graphic Designer Mariia Platko, Graphic Designer Marria Platko, Retoucher Marta Khmarna, Phototgrapher Taras Gipp, Project Manager Ostap Malashnyak
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Photography, Branding, Graphic Design
- Location: Ukraine
- Market Country: Ukraine
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Beverages
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Tube
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass, Pulp Carton