Chaakoo Bombay Cafe takes guests back in time to experience the incredible flavours, smells and atmosphere of a classic Iranian cafe. The original Bombay Cafes, otherwise known as Irani cafes, were opened by the Persian & Iranian immigrants who came to India in the 19th Century. Irani Cafes were popular for Irani Chai tea and a melting pot menu of Classic Iranian grill dishes and Classic Bombay dishes.
We absorbed much of this rich culture and history before crafting our solutions. My Creative team looked to simplifying all the influences under one banner. The Chai glass became the unifying motif to represent all of the cafe’s varied influences in a bold and iconic way. To support this we designed a range of patterns taken from India, Iran and the area’s colonial past. These could be used as background and textures for many of the main touchpoints.
Working in collaboration with the lead interior designer Dominic Paul Together we commissioned hand painted gold leaf typography throughout the shopfront and interior as well as crafting an appropriate brand to fit the interior.
Deliverables include: Research + brand identity, signage, shopfront, website design, menus, drinks coasters and bespoke pattern design.
- Agency/Creative: My Creative
- Article Title: My Creative Creates Chaakoo Identity for Bombay Cafe that Takes Guests Back in Time
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Research, Retail Brand Design, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Hospitality
- Keywords: Restaurant, Indian, Chaakoo Bombay Cafe, Iranian cafe, Logo, brand design,