Motif is a collective of artists, illustrators and mark-makers, passionate about fresh, creative design.
They wanted to produce premium mints in desirable, design-led packaging that would act as a showcase for their work and asked us to create a name, visual identity and packaging that would communicate this offer. The physical packs are pocket size tins, which are shareable, collectible and have a shelf life beyond their original purpose.
The concept of continually refreshing the range of limited edition tins led to the name Motif, suggesting an idea that appears repeatedly in an artists work.
A Motif also describes a pattern, which led to the logo itself working as a repeatable arrangement. The logo’s placement moves across the pack on each range, both differentiating between the packs and implying a pattern.
Cues were taken from the world of art – such as artist’s series being numbered – and the label band is completely removable, leaving the canvas unadorned apart from a subtle corner logo emboss.
- Agency/Creative: Interabang
- Article Title: Motif Premium Mints in Desirable, Design-led Packaging
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Research
- Format: Tin
- Substrate: Metal