Modern Stauning Danish Whisky Brand and Packaging Design Created by Everland
Denmark is famous for many things. Whiskey isn’t one of them. Until now. Driven by curiosity, and a love for whiskey, nine friends got together in 2005. They wanted to show that a high-quality whiskey could be produced in Denmark, using only traditional in-house methods. Nine months later, Stauning Whisky was born.
Using methods long lost to industrialisation, Stauning Whisky distils their golden drops using floor malting, direct fire, and exclusively local raw materials. Their hard work is paying off, and recently they have brought international attention to their one-of-a-kind whiskey. They have proven to each other, and the world, that their locally made product can stand up against the best in the world.
For every batch, and with every drink, the process is refined. New possibilities are explored, people talk, excitement spreads, audiences grow. From now on, the next batch will be presented in a new bottle and an updated identity, telling a tale of nine friends, who followed their dreams and made the impossible happen.
“We wanted to tell the story of Stauning Whisky in a completely new way. Being a Danish whisky from the west coast is one of the things which truly sets us apart from the rest. The new bottles reflect who we are better than ever, and rightfully complements the whisky within,” adds Alex Munch, Co-founder and CEO of Stauning Whisky.
- Design Agency: Everland
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Modern Stauning Danish Whisky Brand and Packaging Design Created by Everland
- Brand / Project Name: Stauning Whisky
- External Design Credits: Illustrator Asbjørn Staunstrup Lund
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Rejuvenation, Rebranding
- Location: Denmark
- Market Country: Denmark
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Spirits
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle