Ruto Design Studio – Holy Grape
The Brief: Our brief was to find a name, design a plain & minimalistic product identity, the bottle and a present box for a new brand that produce high quality raki products, a famous alcoholic greek liquor made from grape pomace.
The Design: Inspired from the Greek Orthodox faith and the halo of the saints, the holy grail and the Ancient Greek god Dionysos (that was the God o the harvest), we try to make a sacred grape. So the name holy grape works like a charm and the logotype is a combination of all three. The shape of the bottle is inspired from the shape grape, we used a transparent cover on the cork, so it can be visible, this way we create the illusion of a stem that holds the “grape”.
Raki is a transparent, often called by the people as divine liquor, that’s why we used clean typography, white silk print straight on the bottles and white spaces on the box, creating clean surfaces with plenty of room to breath.
- Agency/Creative: Ruto Design Studio
- Article Title: Minimal Bottle Design and Product Identity Design for Greek Alcoholic Liquor and Name Giving
- Organisation/Entity: Agency Concept, Non Published
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Greece
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass, Pulp Paper