Goals and objectives: Belaya Dacha is the leading brand in the category of ready-to-eat salads. A wide range of products, frequent partner projects, the introduction of new salad mixes and local renewal of packaging over time began to create difficulties in communications.
By 2019, the complexity of the brand ecosystem started to become unmanageable, and it was decided to take following steps to solve this problem:
1. create a unified visual brand concept;
2. to simplify and update the communication system;
3. to motivate to purchase and healthy eating habits.
Ideas and solutions: First of all, we conducted an anonymous study among salad lovers and people who might be close to this topic, finding out what barriers they have about eating and buying salads.
Creation of a solid naming system was first on the list. We have introduced 5 product lines and have placed the products in their place logically: now the names of the categories speak for themselves. Each name reveals the benefit of its line through the situation and drives the frequency of consumption. At the same time, we kept the mix names and made the ecosystem available to everyone.
In the visual concept, we have focused on simple graphic shapes. Honesty, simplicity, enthusiasm and energy were the key points. We have enlarged the transparent window on each package to show the product; highlighted the composition of the mixes – now it is readable at a glance; introduced a system of icons indicating the number of servings of each salad and wrote descriptors about the taste of the mix. Having worked out the first order barriers, we moved on to customer feedback. As part of the project, the Freshness Patrol service was launched. Now every buyer can report any problem and get a quick response from “Belaya Dacha”.
Results: 17 salads and salad mixes began to represent 5 linear categories. The visual and verbal presentation of the brand has become more concise and emotional.The brand has its own service for communicating with customers.
- Agency/Creative: Milya Ptitsyna
- Article Title: Milya Ptitsyna’s Team Rebrands Belaya Dacha Salad Packages
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Product Naming, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Box, Flow-Pack
- Substrate: Plastic