We have done total production including the branding, package design, web design, naming, etc. of MILTOS, which sends fresh chocolate from deep in the mountains of Ehime, Japan to the world.
Kenji Takahashi, the owner himself visits cacao producing countries around the world to control the quality of the cacao beans from cacao cultivation to harvesting, fermenting, and drying. Similar to how Japanese people “boil” rice to bring out the sweetness, cacao beans are roasted similar to “boiling” by the original steam roasting method to maximize the cacao flavor. 3 days after roasting and completing the chocolate it is sold in stores to avoid oxidation, which is one of the biggest factors that can affect the chocolate’s flavor.
To create an attractive brand philosophy associated with maximizing the original flavor of cacao, and using keywords like fragrance and aroma, we formed the identity of “perfume-like chocolate.” It is cooked to bring about a gentle layered chocolate that feels like it is melting in your mouth like silk. The package has a texture that seems to glimmer with its silky pattern.
The chocolate has the brand name “M” as a motif and draws inspiration from “3D structures like modern architecture,” which clashes with the idea of “food.” This is a kind of playfulness used to surprise the viewer. Also, thanks to the double thickness provided, you are able to enjoy a fragrant aroma and a rich mouth melting flavor.
We have perfected a distinct brand identity, which combines elegance and minimalism while also being modern and luxurious.
- Agency/Creative: Yuta Takahashi Design Studio
- Article Title: MILTOS – A Brand of Fresh Chocolate From Japan to the World
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Japan
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Refinement, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Architecture, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bag, Box
- Substrate: Pulp Carton, Pulp Paper