For the “Mercato Ufficio” logo, smooth and continuous forms were chosen extrapolating the initials (M and U) of the words that make up the URL address of their website: mercatoufficio.it
These two initials are joined and transformed into a unique symbol, to which two fundamental details are added to integrate the idea of office and market:
• A pencil on the “M” to represent office supplies.
• Two wheels in the “U” to give the idea of a shopping trolley.
This synthesis aims to give the user a first simple and dynamic impact, easy to associate and remember as “mercatoufficio.it”, so through the image, the customer can get the feeling of a friendly, easy and pleasant shopping experience.
For the colours, Pantone Process Blu and Red 198C were chosen, harmonized with a violet 520C colour, product of the mixture between them. Blue, in this case, is a colour that could be associated with technology and computing, whilst red is a colour that could be associated with stationery and office supplies. The violet was chosen precisely to amalgamate the idea of the fusion between both elements to produce a friendly, stimulating, dynamic and at the same time serious and determined image.
- Agency/Creative: Mol Design
- Article Title: “Mercato Ufficio” a Fusion of Office and Market
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Italy
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Research
- Industry: Information