“Mercato Ufficio” a Fusion of Office and Market
For the “Mercato Ufficio” logo, smooth and continuous forms were chosen extrapolating the initials (M and U) of the words that make up the URL address of their website: mercatoufficio.it
These two initials are joined and transformed into a unique symbol, to which two fundamental details are added to integrate the idea of office and market:
• A pencil on the “M” to represent office supplies.
• Two wheels in the “U” to give the idea of a shopping trolley.
This synthesis aims to give the user a first simple and dynamic impact, easy to associate and remember as “mercatoufficio.it”, so through the image, the customer can get the feeling of a friendly, easy and pleasant shopping experience.
For the colours, Pantone Process Blu and Red 198C were chosen, harmonized with a violet 520C colour, product of the mixture between them. Blue, in this case, is a colour that could be associated with technology and computing, whilst red is a colour that could be associated with stationery and office supplies. The violet was chosen precisely to amalgamate the idea of the fusion between both elements to produce a friendly, stimulating, dynamic and at the same time serious and determined image.
- Design Agency: Mol Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: “Mercato Ufficio” a Fusion of Office and Market
- Brand / Project Name: Mercato Ufficio Corporate Identity and Logo Design
- External Design Credits: Designers: Alfonso Paolini and Stefania Molentino
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand World, Brand Strategy
- Design Deliverables: Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Graphic Design
- Service Brand Application: Brand Guidelines, Merchandising, Packaging, Print Ad Campaign, Social Media
- Location: Italy
- Market Country: Italy
- Market Region: Europe
- Industry Category: Information