Matheus Ferreira Creates Branding for a Music School Deejay’s
Deejay’s is a modern and contemporary fictional music school, located in Germany, where students learn, from basic to advanced, to play different musical instruments.
The idea of a fictitious project with this theme came from an unapproved proposal for a German music production company (and which gained another approved visual identity and more consistent with the briefing). Based on this non-approval and having liked the final result of this proposal so much, I decided to turn it into a fictitious project for the portfolio.
The concept behind the school and also the slogan (Music at all), is the idea of bringing learning and music to everyone, in an easy, light and democratic way. Classes can take place in person and also online through a teaching platform on the school’s website. Accessibility is a priority for Deejay’s, so both face-to-face and online classes have accessible tools from the teaching platform for people with special vision and hearing conditions. That way, anyone can learn to play a musical instrument and learn more about music.
About the process of creating the brand and visual identity, to represent the brand in a timeless way, a symbol was developed that incorporates: a record player, sound waves, and the letters D and J. The old references add value and bring a certain baggage to the educational institution. The colors in bright and saturated tones of the palette, on the other hand, were chosen following the eighteenth references of cassette tapes and vinyl records. The idea is to make a modern and current rereading of the color combinations characteristic of that time.
Next to the symbol, the font chosen to compose the logo is sans serif, has well-defined curves and is always used in lower case, to bring the feeling of closeness to the target audience: people of all ages who want to learn to play instrument, produce or sing songs.
Consistent with the brand and the market positioning that the school intends to adopt, the visual identity successfully ties the idea of reaching and reaching nostalgic people who like musical styles that have been more evident in the past, and the young audience, who aspires to technological and modern productions. The logo with its application variations and all the components of the developed visual identity, highlight and individualize the brand.
- Design Agency: Ferreira Design
- Organisation/Project Type: Freelance, Published Self Promotional Design
- Article Title: Matheus Ferreira Creates Branding for a Music School Deejay’s
- Brand / Project Name: Deejay's Branding & Visual Identity
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Naming, Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Illustration, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Refinement, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design, Brand Advertising, Brand Experience
- Service Brand Application: Architecture, Brand Guidelines, Experiential, Outdoor Media, Presentation, Print Ad Campaign, Print Manual, Print Publication, Print Stationery, Publications, Digital Advertising
- Location: Brazil
- Market Country: Germany
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Keywords: Music School, Instrument, Music, Musical Instrument, School,
- Industry Category: Education