Brief: To create a brand and narrative to launch their first ever in-house spirit in both their off-trade retail outlets and network of on-trade clients.
Solution: We created a brand and narrative that brought RD Wines’ heritage to life and at the same time, this brand offered a platform that could provide category growth in the future.
Rodney Densem Wines (RD Wines) of Nantwich are a wine merchant steeped in history, started in 1972, by husband and wife Rodney and Margie Densem.
Originally starting as a side business alongside running Alvaston Hall Hotel, their success grew year on year, leading to the opening of a local retail shop in the heart of Nantwich town. To this day, RD Wines continue to be rewarded with accolades attributed to their success as an independent specialist retailer.
2018 marked a further landmark in the Rodney Densem story, when they began to create their own spirits. After so many years of success in the wine market, this step would be marked by the creation of their own Gin crafted by the accomplished in-house experts.
- Agency/Creative: Masters of Brands
- Article Title: Masters of Brands Design Heritage Gin Brand for Rodney Densem Wines
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Product Naming, Research
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle