What is the Urban Sketchers Camp? It is a unique event, that opens the forbidden territories for creative people. It provides an opportunity to explore industrial zones which are usually closed for regular people.
It is important to know, that Kharkiv (Ukraine) was an industrial giant — more than 270 plants and factories during 1950-1980 years. Factories were the main job for many citizens. But now the factory is something unknown and romantic for millennials. So the main idea of the USC was to understand industrial spaces with the help of art.
Design Idea: The zig-zag pattern fence which is used for protected areas has become an element of design identity. For ease of use, each factory received the icon. It’s no great surprise that all factories are similar in shape (like a rectangle). So, the logo is just structured in the factory space. Vibrant colors are necessary for worker safety. That’s why factories are colorful inside. They are full of bright yellow, green, blue, orange.
- Agency/Creative: Mary Vinogradova
- Article Title: Mary Vinogradova Creates Design Identity for the Urban Sketchers Camp
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Ukraine
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Identity, Logo design, Industrial, Factory, Bright.