The name Papily is related to the Papilio Monttrouzieri butterfly, a species well known for its tiffany blue wings, being mixed with the intensity and darkness of black.
This Project tells the story of Lady Papily, a bohemian, enigmatic and mysterious lady who has the power to intrigue and engage. Her eyes are the window to her soul and truth, and so she hides them behind a Butterfly, never really revealing her secrets.
She is a sweet and serene Lady, but she generates a lot of curiosity because she always keeps an enigma of her own, thus creating a dance of desire, mystery, and sophistication.
Just like a good drink: it attracts you by its beauty, involves you by its flavor, and intrigues you by its secret.
The main purpose of this Branding and Packaging project is to tell a visual narrative through its packaging. Setting a bohemian and vintage context.
Its Lettering is totally unique, hand-drawn to provide the ideal inclination of arrangement of the elements within your label. Its font is influenced by the fonts of old bistros and hotels, passing even more this ambiance to the project.
Importantly, botanical patterns were created due to the frequent use of spices in drinks. These patterns are used to give depth and texture to the brand’s applications, as well as relate to antique tapestries and wallpapers, very common in the interiors of socializing places or more sophisticated houses.
All Visual elements (Lettering, Illustration, Branding and Packaging Design) were created by Mariana Beck
- Agency/Creative: Mariana Beck
- Article Title: Mariana Beck Creates Lady Papily Gin Packaging Design
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Brazil
- Agency/Creative City: Juiz de Fora - MG
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Illustration, Lettering, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Gin, Packaging Design, Bohemian, Distilled, Vintage, Lady, Branding, Lettering, Illustration
Graphic Designer: Mariana Beck