Manifiesto Creating Branding for New Loaded Fries Dark Kitchen in Mexico City
Pipiris Fries is a dark kitchen in Mexico City, one of the few places in the city where you can get fries loaded with meat, chicken, and cheeses. The founders wanted to create a brand that captured the fun and eccentric essence of their products, something that accompanied and added a special touch to the fries that, by themselves, make anyone drool just by reading the menu.
“Pipiris Fries loaded with roast chicken breast and bacon, topped with ranch dressing, scallions and cheddar cheese.”
After reading this description and wishing to have some Pipiris already in our hands, we knew that we had to create a unique universe around the brand, although actually, this universe captured us since the brand itself made us go back in time and stop it. The only thing that mattered was to enjoy the delicious fries that were in front of us.
Loaded fries are a very rare dish in central Mexico, this type of food is known because of the contact with the US market where it is easier to find them. Regionalizing the product felt unnatural, nor did we want to confront the public with a culturally distant image. Selling a foreign product on a national level became the main challenge.
The solution to the dilemma was to create a world around Pipiris that helps customers to become familiar with a product they are not used to, we achieved this by bringing closer the boundaries drawn by distance, travelling through time.
It is most likely that few of us have seen classic North American cartoons in black and white, however, it is easy to feel that we have known them forever, this was the starting point for Pipiris. We created a series of characters based on the cartoons of the early twentieth century, these characters reflect the optimistic spirit of the brand and speak in a commercial language of the time: “Papas sin igual” is a phrase that accompanies the brand and has felling of cordial advertising of other times. We complement the Pipiris universe with graphics in warm and slightly desaturated tones, as well as some elements in black and white.
- Design Agency: Manifiesto
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Manifiesto Creating Branding for New Loaded Fries Dark Kitchen in Mexico City
- Brand / Project Name: Pipiris Fries Brand Design
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Naming, Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Illustration, Photography, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design
- Service Brand Application: Packaging, Print Advertising, Print Stationery, Digital Advertising
- Location: Mexico
- Market Country: Mexico
- Market Region: North America
- Project Keywords: Freis, Loaded Fries, Dark Kitchen, Food, Cartoon, Retro
- Industry Category: Food/Beverage