Double Dealer is a subterranean cocktail bar, hidden below New Orleans’ historic Orpheum Theater. The interior design is filled with theatrical misdirection and cinematic delights that present themselves as guests move throughout the space. Being one of very few underground establishments in the area, we created a visual identity system that plays heavily in themes of mystery and surprise.
A cryptic neon face is the only exterior sign, drawing you into an underground vaudeville. The menu is styled after the bar’s namesake: an underground 1920s literary journal circulated in the South. We transformed ordinary cocktail collateral into surprises. A 20-sided “Dealer’s Choice” die accompanies every menu, and the humble coaster reveals a looped animation when spun.
- Agency/Creative: The Made Shop
- Article Title: Made Shop Creates Cryptic Branding for Subterranean Bar Double Dealer
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: cryptic, esoteric, mysterious, bar, cocktail, vaudeville, theater, new orleans, tarot, dice, spinning, branding, identity, illustration, mythology, interior art, decor, print, menu, smoke and mirror, two-faced, gemini, ex libris, underground, backstage