M2M UNIFORMITY Design and Styling of School Uniforms
M2M is a new brand which specializes in the design and styling of school uniforms for exclusive educational institutions in Panama City.
We had to carry out the brand building and its entire visual system based on the naming “M2M” that had previously been defined by the company. Its image and communication had to convey the elegance and sobriety of a design firm, always keeping in mind the focus of the market: the school line.
Taking advantage of the simplicity of the name, we designed a sophisticated and minimalist brand. We simplified the initials and built the logo based on the measuring tapes that are traditionally used in the clothing and fashion industry.
The versatility of the logo allowed us to build a modular visual system that, given its serial repetition, resembles measuring tapes or rulers. This idea used in different applications and with various finishes not only becomes a key element of the brand identity/recognition but also defines the kind of business the company holds.
In order to create the brand, it was important to understand that we had to introduce a whole new company to a locally unexplored market without losing sight of the great potential it has.
The idea had to be as literal as possible so that it could communicate the exclusiveness and sophistication of the fashion world and the daily life of school clothing alike.
- Design Agency: Vórtice Estudio
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: M2M UNIFORMITY Design and Styling of School Uniforms
- Brand / Project Name: Branding and visual Identity for M2M UNIFORMITY
- External Design Credits: Designer: Mayra Castillo Art Director: Mayra Castillo Creative Director: Javier Casallas
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Brand Strategy, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Photography, Brand Identity, Identity System, Branding, Brand Creation, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines
- Service Brand Application: Brand Guidelines, Editorial, Packaging, Presentation, Print Advertising, Print Manual, Print Promotion, Print Publication, Print Stationery, Social Media, Website, Digital Advertising
- Location: Colombia
- Market Country: Panama
- Market Region: South America
- Project Keywords: Fashion Design, School wear, School Uniforms, Metric, Measuring tape, Visual identity, hot stamping, logo, foil
- Industry Category: Manufacturing