Lyon & Lyon Creative Design Branding and Packaging for Fabricá Unisex Concept
Fabricá is a new unisex hair care concept specialising in products for both thick and thin hair. The range includes shampoos, conditioners and hair and scalp treatments. All of the products are vegan, sulphate free and paraben free and are particularly suited to customers with damaged hair, whatever their hair type.
The name Fabricá is derived from the Latin for ‘texture’ and refers to the variety of hair textures that the products help to restore.
This theme of ‘texture’ embodies the brand and its identity. Unique thick and thin ridges on the packaging reflect the hair type that the product is best suited to, and these lines are echoed as assets throughout the brand application – on business cards, on social media and across the website to break up content. Across social media, we used a mixture of close up lifestyle imagery and more traditional, natural imagery to reflect the brand’s natural, ethical credentials.
We selected natural, earthy tones for the packaging – including an olive green for conditioner and a sand colour for shampoo. The combination of serif and sans serif typefaces gives the identity a classic yet modern feel which helps to communicate the quality of the product.
We worked with 3D designer Mitchell Brentnall to realise the bottles in 3D and achieved a high quality matt finish as a contrast to the more glossy plastic bottles that are usually found on our shelves.
In an attempt to move away from single use, petroleum based plastics and reduce our impact on the environment, we proposed that the bottles were made from Polylactic acid (PLA) which is a fully compostable and recyclable material, made from non-GMO plants. Each bottle is individually wrapped in a textured, recycled cardboard sleeve. Using a sleeve as opposed to a full box means it cuts down on material and lets the beautiful design of the bottle show through, whilst protecting the bottles in transit and on the shelf. The cardboard is debossed with ridges to match the bottle inside.
- Design Agency: Lyon & Lyon Creative
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Non Published Concept Design
- Article Title: Lyon & Lyon Creative Design Branding and Packaging for Fabricá Unisex Concept
- Brand / Project Name: Fabricá
- External Design Credits: 3D Design, Mitchell Brentnall
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Naming, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Brand Creation
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Packaging
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Sleeve
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Plastic, PLA plant based bottles