We created an approachable, friendly brand for a podcast with weighty content.
Neurosurgery residents, Grant and Kevin, had a vision inspired by compassion. After seeing the number of patients who were overwhelmed by the process and preparation for surgery, they wanted to help. The solution is a video/audio podcast that explains common neurosurgical diseases and procedures to patients.
They approached Creative Chameleon Studio to craft the visual identity, based off the charming name “Two Brains In A Pod.”
After exploring a few different directions, the clear winner was an approachable, winsome mascot to be the face of their brand. We built an identity around this character, ‘Ned,’ and gave him a library of expressions. The result was a simple, yet compelling identity that gave the brand a warm personality.
The identity bridges the gap between a weighty topic and the emotions that patients experience. With bold, yet simple colors and layouts, the designs build on the straightforwardness that Grant and Kevin bring to the table. Having a character who’s able to showcase emotions strengthens the approachability of the brand. It was also important to create a visual system that could easily be worked within. Since the behind-the-scenes operations will be small at the start, there needed to be simple structures and usage of the brand elements. All of this was compiled into a comprehensive brand book. Overall, Two Brains In A Pod has a visual identity that captures their vision and heart, while being distinguished and memorable to their audience.
- Agency/Creative: Creative Chameleon Studio
- Article Title: Logo Design For Neurosurgical Podcast Social
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Agency/Creative City: Cleveland, OH
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Branding, Graphic Design, Logo Design
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: podcast, medical, education, logo design
Creative Director: Madison Carr