Limited Wine Label Design – Novak Gray Blend
Working with small winemakers of Moldova is a real pleasure for us. Because you can actually see the creation of a new brand before your eyes and watch it develop into something new and interesting. This is exactly the case of Novak Winery, for which we’ve developed the original label design in 2017. Back then the design looked rather unusual for the local market, which drew the attention to the new producer. However, with time their product has grown, and the winery faced the necessity of developing a premium design for some of its limited edition wines. This is what this project is all about.
Novak Chardonnay/Riesling/Alb de Onițcani 2018 is an experimental blend comprised of three different wines from three different harvest years. The basis for this label design is the style and composition used for another exclusive product by Novak Winery – Pinot Noir 2017. In case of the new blend we’ve used a gray color scheme, which emphasizes the color of the drink itself, and also allows to set it apart from the previous product in the limited collection. A stylized graphic element was added to depict the proportions of each variety comprising the blend, making the label more informative. As a result, the new product fits organically into the new premium line of products and emphasizes the limited character of this wine.
- Design Agency: 43oz.com - Design Studio
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Limited Wine Label Design – Novak Gray Blend
- Brand / Project Name: Novak Gray Blend
- Strategic Deliverables: Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Photography, Brand Refinement, Graphic Design
- Location: Moldova
- Market Country: Moldova
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle