Limited Release Wild Savagnin By Frank Aloi
Soumah Wines fell in love with the story of Savagnin and its ancient origins. The fact that it has been around since late Roman times. Its great lineage fathering many of today’s modern varietals. So for this wine they wanted to make Savagnin in an ancient way, minimal intervention, an artisanal approach so to say. Small batch wine making in an egg shaped ceramic vessel similar to the origins of winemaking. The minimal intervention means, handpicking, foot stomping, wild yeast fermenting including 100% solids. No fining or filtering. Its wine with FUNK and the flavour maybe what it was back in the 1st millennium.
The creative direction developed for the packaging reflects this winemaking approach – the idea that they may have been making this wine for many years. It has a sense of the past with heritage connotations… but still in keeping with the wineries current branding. The label features embossing, wraps onto a unique shaped bottle and is sealed with a wax closure.
- Design Agency: Frank Aloi Design Co.
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Limited Release Wild Savagnin By Frank Aloi
- Brand / Project Name: Soumah Wines Wild Savagnin Packaging Design
- Strategic Deliverables: Product Architecture, Tone of Voice
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Graphic Design
- Location: Australia
- Market Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass