We have created collectible playing cards dedicated to the 160th anniversary of Pony Express mail service. These cards can be a great gift for true fans of US culture.
Usually I do not describe the ideas I put into the design of the box. But this time I want to focus your attention on some points that I hope will help to understand a little more the meaning of my conception.
Therefore, the concept of such design should evoke the emotions that had the first discoverers of the Wild West. Thus, the brown tuck is decorated with gold foil, and the main part of the front decor is in the shape of an oval gold bar, symbolizing the then Gold Rush of America. When you hold the box of these cards in your hands, you should have a sense of belonging to the story. Other decor elements, such as the black pattern, I did in the style of trim that was applied on the leather horse harness. We have to remember that all great things were created by ordinary people. That is why the color and foil of the other box, Copper edition, has a copper color and copper green oxide that gives the appearance of old weathered metal. Ordinary people do brave and incredible actions. And they reach their due to great efforts. The combination of the colors of two decks, copper and gold, is also not accidental and carries a message – even rising high, you should not forget who you are and how you started your journey.
- Agency/Creative: Seventh Nation Atelier
- Article Title: Like Lightning Playing Cards
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Design, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Naming
- Format: Box, Case
- Substrate: Pulp Paper