Let’a is a boutique ceramics studio which produces handcrafted ceramics. It is located in Istanbul. Considering today’s mass produced companies, small shops focusing on handmade goods and stoneware started to emerge, Let’a Ceramics is one of them. It’s products are consist of minimal forms and earthly colors with a small touch of drawings. The word “let’a” means soil in old Turkish language, represents the brand very well. Thus brief includes inspiring from nature in a subtle way.
For this lovely brand we wanted created a sincere identity works with its goals. Since the name represents soil, we draw a pottery grow out of the ground (soil) for its logo mark and combined it with a clean handwritten font. Brief was to keep it as simple and clean as possible. Therefore we designed a minimalistic logo with straight lines. Also choose a typography that is handwritten and works well both in uppercase and lowercase. It combines the modern and the traditional. Continuing the same approach we build a color palette derive from soil color tones. Brown and beige did a good job reflecting the identity harmoniously. Also they worked with each other well on printed materials.
Brands target audience range is quite large since handmade goods speak to everyone. However modern and simple designs appeal more to younger generation. As a printed material we designed a thank you card, an apron, logo stamp and a tag. They are all coherent with each other yet not dominating the designed products / potteries. Identity elements are also suitable for digital platforms as well as printed works.
Each part of the creation process was smooth, we didn’t have any challenges regarding analyzing the brief or communicating with customer. This was a very fun project to involve in, because brand fit into our design aesthetics very well and result came up just the way we wanted it to be. Let’a ceramics is also pleased with the result. We hope everyone checking this project would enjoy as much as we do.
- Agency/Creative: Salt and Sugar Creative Studio
- Article Title: Let’a Ceramics Branding Created by Salt and Sugar Creative Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Turkey
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Photography, Tone of Voice
- Keywords: Ceramic Studio, Let'a Ceramics, Pottery, Brand Identity, Tag, Apron, Card, Nature, Soil, Handmade, Brown