“Las veges” is a vegan food festival. Spanning three days in Moscow, the event will include more than ten participating businesses. There are vegan shops from Moscow and Moscow area. Moscow has vegan restaurants, bakeries, cafes, food stores, a vegan pub with a beer, and even a beauty salon. And all of them will present their products to customers at the Las Veges festival.
The design concept is built from a combination of two words — the name of Las Vegas and the slang word “veges”. The main element of the visual style evokes peas, their round forms also alluding to the bright beaded bulb signs characteristic of Las Vegas. The beauty of using peas stylistically is that the shapes can be easily rearranged and offset in subtly varied ways, making each different poster engagingly unique and lending dynamism to the campaign of posters, as a whole. The main colour palette is green, orange and purple. These colours are chosen because of their association with vegetables — peas, carrots and beets. This continues the aesthetic theme of vegetables.
As the name of the event already plays off of Las Vegas, it might be compelling to continue this theme. Las Vegas is known as a city of gambling. This was the reason to draw the vegetables in the style of pictogram graphics common to slot machines. This style is designed to be consistently presented on posters, on the navigation map and on paper bracelets. It was designed to be easily translated to website graphics and to social media content, such as Instagram.
- Agency/Creative: Victoria Trubitsina
- Article Title: Las Veges. Student Concept for Vegan Food Festival by Victoria Trubitsina
- Organisation/Entity: Student
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Russia
- Agency/Creative City: HSE Art And Design School
- Market Region: Europe, Global
- Project Deliverables: Animation, Art Direction, Brand Identity, Copywriting, Design, GIF Animation
- Industry: Entertainment
- Keywords: Art Direction, Identity, Naming, Las Vegas, Vegetables, Branding, Peas
Designer: Victoria Trubitsina
Tutor: Leonid Slavin