IMPVD Beer distillate is an alcohol beverage manufactured at Impavida, an American-style Brewery in Arco di Trento, Italy. IMPAVIDA is also the adjective that best describes the character and personality of the two women who gave it life in a special place in the mountains. In an industrial space, reclaimed thanks to a project signed by the Milanese studio Genuizzi Banal, a meeting point, a destination for all lovers of good craft beer but also a sincere and informal place to spend time with friends.
We worked on a no-frills label, with a pure and minimal design. On the contrary, the wrapping is a riot of information that tells the story, the soul and the origin of the product. The idea is to have a newspaper-like wrapping to read while sipping the product and the graphic mixes images, words and numbers. Please note: the name of the product is distilled too, from Impavida to IMPVD.
The typography used takes inspiration from 1930s newspapers, recalling the world of Prohibition. The font sizes are adapted to different graphic forms, some in length reminds one of the shouting of the newsboy like Giorgio font by URW Type Foundry GmbH or Sharp Grotesk by Sharp Type with heavy on the top and bottom, traditional contrast on the side.
It looks like from Old America, but it’s from Arco di Trento, Italy. It looks like a magazine but it’s a wrapping. In the last year we have worked for IMPAVIDA, a North Garda Lake brewery, that also produces a beer distillate and this is the storytelling.
- Agency/Creative: The 6th Creative Agency
- Article Title: Label Design for IMPVD Beer Distillate
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Italy
- Agency/Creative City: Milano
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Identity, Graphic Design, Illustration, Infographic, Packaging Design, Typography
- Format: Bottle, Wrap
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: #beer #distillate #alcohol #wrapdesign #label #italy #usa #beverage #typography #packaging #newspaper
Art Director: Emanuele Basso
Art Director - Copywriter: Dario Villa
Art Director: Elena Carella
Graphic Designer & Illustrator: Beatrice Cristini