Brand identity, illustration and packaging design for La Flower, a small coffee roaster brand made in Caldas, Colombia.
“The art of coffee roasting”, was a clear concept represented by artistic, poetic and colorful visuals. I wanted a really modern packaging design, without losing the hand made aspect of it. So i decided to craft flower designs silhouettes, filled with artistic textures inspired by different art movements, that will later represent each coffee flavor for the brand. “Tradicional”, “Moderno”, and “Misterioso”. The color schemes, brushes, and techniques for the illustrations were a key factor to represent unique flavors for each product.
I also designed some badges, similar to those you will find in Coffee sacks to reinforce the idea of handmade premium coffee. Also the badges can be used as a graphic asset to enrich graphically different applications for the brand.
The main typography needed to be a little bit weathered, like hand made, specially for big tittles. For small text and body copy I really wanted a slab serif typeface, to be more oriented towards legibility, but it also reflects a poetic feeling that combined really well with the artistic imagery.
The flower designs needed to be protagonist on the packaging. Because it really translate very well the identity DNA we created for the brand. And each illustration/pattern/artwork was created to represent the unique flavors you will find in each product.
- Agency/Creative: Kev Pineda Design
- Article Title: La Flower Brand Identity Design by Kev Pineda Design
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Colombia
- Agency/Creative City: Medellín
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Identity, Illustration, Packaging Design
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Artistic, Hand Made, Poetic
Designer: Kev Pineda