Kayan is a modern furniture store located in Egypt that offers a variety of selected refined pieces of furniture and antiques, the logo redesign process was influenced by their unique and artistic style of furniture.
After studying the client’s brief and with the help of some research about the nature of the brand, i found that the brands name itself is the key to a solid and clear design solution, I Startied with exploring different styles and directions for a modern and elegant typeface that perfectly matches the brand mission and vision.
Iterations and revisions were created to ensure the best form for the typeface as a wordmark, a serifless typeface says it all, with different thickness letter forms it created a mode for the whole identity they desired.
We modified the wordmark to be more unique in shape as it would be the main graphic element used in the visual identity along with light modern color palette.
The visual identity mainly communicated the aesthetics of the unique furniture pieces through the use of simple geometric frames for the images and the wordmark as a big clear element. this unique combination provides a modern and simple yet elegant look and feel.
As the brand visual identity and vision were matched elegantly, we started working on collateral, stationery items and the brand’s online presence assets, in conclusion, we felt that avoiding a logomark and redesigning the logo as a wordmark was the perfect decision of various design choices we had through the process.
- Agency/Creative: Kled Ahmed
- Article Title: Kled Ahmed’s Visual Identity for Kayan Furniture and Antiques
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Egypt
- Agency/Creative City: Cairo
- Market Region: Middle East
- Project Deliverables: Advertising, Branding, Graphic Design, Logo Design
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Keywords: Brand, Logo, Branding, Graphic, Graphic Design, Logotype, Logo Design, Corporate, Identity, Visual Identity
Graphic Designer: kled Ahmed