Pinnacle Drinks identified an opportunity to introduce a premium tier within the white wine New Zealand varietals. The challenge was to create a brand identity and label design that represents New Zealand’s fun, sarcastic and eccentric personality. Additionally, the new quirky brand needed flexibility to extend beyond white varietals.
We used the New Zealand Kiwi bird as the mascot that represents our new brand. Under the name Kiwi Hawk, the label tells the narrative of the flightless kiwi bird, forever grounded and longing to take to the skies. On each varietal label, Kiwi Hawk tries to reach the sky through different funny scenerios.
The execution style is that of vintage wood cut illustrations. The detailed, serious expression adds to the irony and humour of the brand’s story.
- Agency/Creative: Our Revolution
- Article Title: Kiwi Hawk Brand and Packaging
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand World, Illustration, Packaging Design, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Pulp Paper