KISSA is a product line influenced by the traditional Japanese tea ceremony—a choreographic ritual of preparing and serving Japanese green tea, together with Japanese sweet. Our goal is to create a spiritual space for our customers. To take a break from the fast-paced life, reach a tranquil state of mind and unlock their inner peace and harmony through the entire experience.
Products include loose leaf tea, bottled tea, wagashi, tea utensil, shopping bags. The logo and primary loose tea package are inspired by the Daruma doll. The loose tea container are refillable. The patterns on the loose tea packages and bottled tea packages are inspired by traditional Japanese animals that are symbolic of luck. All illustrations are hand-drawn in a traditional ink painting style. The Japanese symbols on the wagashi packages means the five elements in the philosophy of Japanese Buddhism. The shopping bags is designed in the style of Furoshiki, a gift wrapping technique from traditional Japan.They are reusable, multipurpose, and are available in different sizes.
- Agency/Creative: Ching Wu
- Article Title: KISSA Tea Company
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Industrial Design, Packaging Design, Photography, Structural Design
- Format: Bottle, Box, Cup, Jar
- Substrate: Metal, Plastic