Scence came to Kingdom & Sparrow with a mission to grow their all-natural, completely sustainable skincare brand. Handcrafted in Cornwall, their ethical, natural products had a loyal but small following, mirrored by their small-batch, artisan look. Before reaching out to new, bigger suppliers, Scence needed to update their brand for a modern, discerning, eco-conscious consumer who cares about the planet but also wants great quality skincare.
To move them away from their more artisan identity, Kingdom & Sparrow developed a fresh look that brought them into the modern, commercial skincare market, creating a brand that would look as at home in local boutiques as it would on supermarket shelves.
Trust in the company and the product were essential to grow their audience, so the UK branding agency developed a strong identity with more ownable flourishes and contemporary design that identified with their consumer. Kingdom & Sparrow chose a mature colour palette with a softer edge and hand-painted illustrations to reflect the natural ingredients and add a premium touch.
Clear visual navigation and range architecture to better help consumers understand the difference between products and scents was also paramount, as their current products were hard for people to differentiate. With paper tubes for packaging, it was a challenge to ensure all necessary copy fitted well and remained in keeping with the sleek design, but what has been created by Kingdom & Sparrow is an accessible, functional yet premium design that looks to draw consumers in.
To pair with the products, the branding agency created a diverse set of assets to be used across all communication channels. These assets work with the product packaging to tell the story of the brand as a whole and to showcase the quality of the products.
Scence has just launched their rebrand and is already selling natural, sustainable skincare to wider consumer-base, including export markets. Watch this space for more results from Scence soon.
- Agency/Creative: Kingdom & Sparrow
- Article Title: Kingdom & Sparrow Rebrand Scence Skincare With Sustainability at the Core
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Multiple Regions
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Architecture, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Product Naming, Rebranding, Research
- Format: Tube
- Substrate: Pulp Paper
- Keywords: WBDS Agency Design Awards 2021/22