The product: Jolokia is a hot sauce designed for single mums. There is a disproportionate and stereotypical representation of single mums in media, advertising and branding in general.
Armed with flavour, this hot sauce is only for the headstrong. We want to set taste buds on fire while making single mums finally feel understood.
Insight: Single mums see themselves as strong independent women who have strengths they never new they had. “My life is my own and I am in charge.”
Making chillies emotive: Scientists have theorised that the evolutionary reason chillies burn is to dissuade mammals from eating them while birds were able to eat them and allow the seeds to flourish. In parallel, a mother’s instinct is to protect and enable her child to flourish in life. Protection and survival informed the brand story – Jolokia’s legend.
Idea: Jolokia’s legend tells the story of a brave goddess who stood her ground and defended her land and people. Inspired by Osprey mothers who take parenting seriously, Jolokia is a strong independent goddess, in charge of her own life.
She is full of strength, courage, creativity and forgiveness. This is a brand that shows people who’s truly bossing it.
- Agency/Creative: Xa Studio
- Article Title: Jolokia – A Hot Sauce for Mamas
- Organisation/Entity: Student, Non Published Concept Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Brand Strategy, Brand World, Branding, Packaging Design, Product Naming, Research, Tone of Voice
- Format: Bottle, Box
- Substrate: Ceramic