João Pires Rosé Blooms by the Hands of Omdesign
José Maria da Fonseca has chosen once again Omdesign to sign its novelty: the João Pires Rosé wine. In 2020, the creative agency had already refreshed the image of the iconic João Pires Branco, a Portuguese wine that is a reference, in Portugal and across borders, and that is produced since de 70’s.
The image adopted for this new product, painted with pastel pink tones, aims to convey a more feminine side of this “delicate and floral wine”, produced from Moscatel de Setúbal and Touriga Nacional grape varieties. There were selected differentiating materials and finishes, namely stampings, varnishes and fine paper. Similarly to João Pires Branco, which counted with the vine of the Moscatel vineyard illustrated in high and low modeled relief, the João Pires Rosé labeling is also adorned with a bouquet of roses, which intends to attest its freshness and its sensorial character. In its turn, the brand is kept highlighted in the central position of the label, preserving its original colors.
The goal of the agency was to bring to the label the lightness and youthfulness of this beverage, perfect to be enjoyed in uncomplicated consumption moments, typical of hot Summer days.
In addition to the packaging, the agency from Leça da Palmeira was also responsible for the photo shoot that complements this launching. To Omdesign, the look of this new reference solidifies the brand positioning amongst current and new consumers, while portraying and reinforcing José Maria da Fonseca’s values and tradition in the production of wines, since 1834.
- Agency/Creative: Omdesign
- Article Title: João Pires Rosé Blooms by the Hands of Omdesign
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Portugal
- Agency/Creative City: Matosinhos
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle, Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Omdesign, Design, Portugal, Packaging, Packaging Design, Wine Design, Wine Packaging, Luxury Design, Illustration, Portuguese Design, Wine, José Maria da Fonseca, João Pires, João Pires Rosé, wine labelling, label
Creative Director: Diogo Gama Rocha