After a few years since my last personal branding project – I noticed that my previous logo wasn’t saying what I meant, the way I wanted to. In addition, I also noticed that there were failures in deployment and lack of unity among various elements of my own communication – and I thought: How can someone who creates brands have so many errors on their own? ( In portuguese, we call this the “Em casa de ferreiro, o espeto é de pau” – something like “The shoemaker’s son always goes barefoot.” )
After a few months of research, studies, testing and positioning analysis – I actually started to create. All of this insight is largely due to the fact that in 2019 I met many people with different cultures, histories, and purposes. The conceptual and cultural background I gained after living other experiences left me in no doubt that it was time to change and propose something new, to incorporate into my own “zeitgeist” and to express what I am, how I am and what I do best.
The concept of echoing, spread, conveying and expressing ideas is seen in identity through repetition. I believe design is solving problems through how we say, use, touch and feel an object. And that is quite remarkable with the graphic patterns.
I also searched for something that resembled my old monogram, but in a modern and weird way. And nothing more interesting than a “WordArt-like-logo” in 3D perspective.
For the materials, I noticed that I was missing something that could bring identity value through interventions – so I created several straps, stickers and bottons with branding elements to support and make the identity more modern, youthful.
- Agency/Creative: João Marcos
- Article Title: João Marcos Graphic Designer New Brand
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Self Promotional Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: Brazil
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Rebranding, Research, Tone of Voice
- Industry: Information
- Keywords: personal visual identity, purple identity, personal branding, personal graphic design branding