Logo, visual identity, stickers, posters, merch design and web concepts for Jet Flamingo, a brand providing holiday accommodation and hospitality in the form of three villas in Bondi Beach, Australia. The project given the company an identity that dials up the enjoyment factor, aiming to bring a happy, fun and cool experience for the guests.
Inspired by the nostalgic “golden times” of flying, we mixed the glamour of past with the celebration of the present.
For the logotype, we paired the retro-inspired Airstream typeface to straightforwardly convey the 1950–60s “golden era” of flying with the sans-serif gothic Oswald to set forth that this is not a airline company—thus the accompany text “Bondi Villa”. Speaking typography, we wanted to convey nostalgia whilst being contemporary, so we combined the boldness of Beiko and Oswald faces for headlines and the geometric sans for the body text with a nice flair and retro touch with a script type.
While having the red and pink and the main colours, we created a wide, colourful palette and applied throughout the whole identity—from the logotype and the website concept to all the stationary and the little shampoo bottles. We also designed a wide variety of colouful stamps inspired by the stickers composition, travellers often do with their luggage.
Influenced by the glamour of the 50–60s jet aircraft type travel vibe, the aesthetics of it; the attention to detail and coolness of that time; the optimistic colorful graphics; the bold airline identities, tourism posters and everything in-between—we really wanted to bring back the happy memories of travelling and the laid-back coolness of it.
- Agency/Creative: Monga Design
- Article Title: Jet Flamingo Visual Identity by the Brazilian Studio Monga Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Brazil
- Agency/Creative City: Florianópolis
- Market Region: South America
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Mark, Brand Redesign, Design, Directing, Label Design, Logo Design, Poster Design, T-Shirt Design
- Industry: Hospitality
- Keywords: 60s, airline, cool, holiday, hostel, hotel, retro, travel, vacation, vintage
Studio: Monga Design
Project management: Michel Refatti
Creation: Mateus Yuzo