‘Trelivings’ was first established in Adelaide by Nigel Treliving in 1984 producing a range of bodycare and stationery products. Exporting to 18 countries across Europe, Asia, and in over 3800 outlets throughout the United States, it was sold to private equity in 2005 and the business subsequently renamed. When the private equity company let the brand registration lapse in 2019, Nigel reclaimed ‘his name’, leading to Trelivings’ rebrand, revitalisation and relaunch in late 2021.
The Jarrah Honey range is Trelivings first reappearance along with their ‘Save our Bees’ initiative. Jarrah Honey is a collection of skincare, body, bath and home fragrance products designed, developed and produced in Australia.
The Jarrah Honey is sustainably sourced from the tall forests of Darling Range in Western Australia. Because of its high antimicrobial properties and beneficial antioxidants, this extraordinary Jarrah Honey has a Total Activity rating of 50+, achieving medical status due to the natural enzymes in the honey. The Jarrah Honey is combined with native desert fruits and have been chosen for their ability to improve the texture and look of skin — rich in vitamins, antioxidants and antimicrobial properties.
For the home fragrance products such as the candle and the diffuser, the products exude an aroma that is a scent sensation where the springtime flowering of the Jarrah forests burst alive with all their brilliant layering of colour, scents and nectar. Proprietary reusable vessels were design with echoing curvatures. The bottles and tubes are ‘soft touch’ with an ultra matt white finish and matt black pumps and caps. The glass jars are metallic gold for the candles and matt white for the bath salts.
- Agency/Creative: Harcus Design
- Article Title: Jarrah Honey Bodycare and Home Fragrances Designed by Harcus Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Australia
- Agency/Creative City: Sydney
- Market Region: Oceania
- Project Deliverables: Advertising Photography, Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Logo Design, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle, Box, Jar, Pouch, Tag, Tin, Tube
- Substrate: Glass, Plastic, Pulp Board
- Industry: Health Care
- Keywords: jarrah honey, trelivings bodycare, bodycare, harcus design, harcus, harcusdesign, packaging design, packaging, home fragrances
Creative Director: Annette Harcus
Designer: Galima Akhmetzyanova
Designer: Bronwyn Strydom
Photographer: Stephen Clarke