Brief: Mule Artisan Coffee was founded in 2015 in Brooklyn and designed by Masif / Design Affairs.
Initially, the brand was conceived to sell small-batch coffee grown in Colombia. Looking for more variety, the brand decided to open its coffee’s origin. This caused the need to redesign the identity because, in the beginning, it was created under the Colombian coffee culture.
Solution: A farm to cup experience. Working together with Mule, we could identify that the purpose was beyond flags or origin. The actual purpose was to connect people to the aroma and the taste of an ethically grown coffee.
Functionality over form:We developed an easily customisable packaging to adapt to the different variables of the origins.
Each bag is hand-marked, transmitting the importance of quality and connection with the consumer. Ultimately, there is a box that guarantees the product’s integrity during shipping.
A brand for the world: This branding allowed us to create a simpler, cleaner, and more efficient wordmark. The intention with the typography was clear, to connect both sides of the brand. The mule represents the countryside, and the Brooklyn bridge represents the big city life.
- Agency/Creative: Invade Design
- Article Title: Invade Design Creates the New Brand Identity for Mule Artisan Coffee
- Organisation/Entity: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: Colombia
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Packaging Design, Rebranding, Research
- Format: Bag
- Substrate: Pulp Paper