Jie Yi Couture is a start-up company in Shanghai. The predecessor of the company was a tailoring studio that run by two aspiring fashion designers. The strategy of providing semi-custom design service and its spirit of inheriting Chinese traditional skills help Jie Yi stand out from its competitors.
The character ‘Jie’ means solve and deconstruct, likewise, the company solves difficulties in carrying out complex construction by breaking it into lines and curves on the pattern drawing. Then, ‘Yi’ refers to the number “one” which represents unity, consistency and one of the brand personality—persistence.
- Agency/Creative: TYW Design Studio
- Article Title: Inheritance and Innovation of Chinese Fashion Branding by TYW Design Studio
- Organisation/Entity: Network, Published Self Promotional Design
- Project Type: Identity
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Identity, Brand Naming, Branding, Identity System, Research
- Industry: Fashion
- Keywords: Branding, Research & Strategy, Tailoring Studio, Fashion