Independence Brewing Co was founded on a deep passion for beer, a true love for Austin’s freaky version of Texas culture, and a strong desire to take ownership over one’s life. What started as a crazy idea in 2004 helped ignite the exploding craft beer scene in Austin today. Approaching their 15 year anniversary, our team developed a cohesive brand identity and packaging system to help familiarize folks with the full family of brews they already know and love.
The resulting work is a spirited embodiment of Independence’s attitude — bold, charmingly offbeat, loud, and fun. Inspired by beat-up backroads signs, vintage sign-painting, tattoo sleeves, and Ann Richards firing a shotgun, the brand positions Independence not just as an anchor to the past, but as a leader for the future of craft beer in Texas and onward.
- Agency/Creative: Lauren Dickens, Drew Lakin & Keith Davis Young
- Article Title: Independence Brewing Co Identity and Packaging Refresh
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance, Published Commercial Design
- Project Type: Packaging
- Agency/Creative Country: United States
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Advertising, Brand Design, Brand Experience, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Brand Refinement, Brand Rejuvenation, Brand Strategy, Branding, Graphic Design, Identity System, Illustration, Packaging Design, Photography, Rebranding, Research, Retail Brand Design, Tone of Voice
- Format: Can, Case, Tray, Wrap
- Substrate: Metal