il vicolo (the alley), Marche IGT Rosato
Take one look up and one to the sides. Yes, the road is narrow. Extremely narrow in fact, barely 43 cm wide. You are in the narrowest alley in Italy, in the town of Ripatransone, where Cantina dei Colli Ripani is located.
With its pale bright pink color and fruity aroma, ‘il vicolo’ Marche IGT Rosato celebrates this unique and bizarre place, which challenges your sense of perspective. In one bottle, two views of the world, two perspectives that make their narrow way towards a shared memory.
This stunning and complicated label is printed on Fasson’s Watermark White, an uncoated paper that offers a unique watermark effect by using hot stamping without the foil. The white of the paper goes in perfect contrast with the wine pink shades.
The label is printed with one color and presents different ennoblements like the metallic silver with micro-engraving that recreates the alley’s cobblestones, and the watermark effect that makes the paper translucent but more than anything its outstanding effect is given by the special die-cutting and partial removal, which allows the see-through effect that makes the wine’s pinkish color stand out.
- Design Agency: Andrea Castelletti
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: il vicolo (the alley), Marche IGT Rosato
- Brand / Project Name: Cantina dei Colli Ripani
- External Design Credits: Creative Director Andrea Castelletti
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight, Brand Naming, Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Branding, Graphic Design
- Location: Italy
- Market Country: Italy
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Wine
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle