IDna Group Create Private Label Packaging Design for Irma
In 2018, the Danish high-end supermarket Irma implemented a new strategy; “The Urban Irma”, and as a result IDna Group was asked to update their visual identity to fully support the new positioning. As a continuation thereof, IDna Group created a new packaging design for Irma’s two own labels “Irma’s” and “Irma’s hverdag”.
The task was to design two product lines that were easy to distinguish, making it easier for consumers to choose. IDna Group solved this by creating two very different expressions – one being very colourful with lots of ”flavour”, interesting images and the Irma circle-girl in front, and the other with a more graphic expression and the renewed checker pattern. Over-all, Irma uses a lot of colours, combined in bold compositions leaning towards the artistic form which is a part of their DNA.
- Design Agency: IDna Group
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: IDna Group Create Private Label Packaging Design for Irma
- Brand / Project Name: Private label packaging design for Irma
- External Design Credits: Creative Director: Per Madsen,Senior Designer: Malene Jepsen
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand Architecture, Research / Insight, Positioning
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Brand Refinement, Brand Redesign, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Brand Rejuvenation, Retail Brand Design, Rebranding
- Location: Denmark
- Market Country: Denmark
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Fresh Food
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bag, Box, Jar
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Plastic