Laboratory of Architecture #3 (LOA#3) is a small architectural practise located in Tbilisi, Georgia. As name indicates they experiment with practical and experimental aspects of architecture and with experimentation they try to find limits and horizons within boundaries.
LOA#3’s history started 15 years ago. After graduating from the university three friends decided to form small architectural practise. At the time they did not pay much attention to branding and took minimal approach to visual style. Throughout years LOA #3 worked and continues to work with local and international clients. After 15 years, came time to update visual language.
They asked us full identity revision, which would perfectly express concept that architects and artists duty is to make best of the possible worlds, it was time to act. First things first, we dug down into company philosophy. The philosophy gave us inspiration and guided us to right and meaningful visual outcomes. With basic geometric objects (circle, square, triangle) we created bold, memorable and minimalistic wordmark which is a principal element of the whole identity. Geometric language gave us further opportunity to design dynamic identity where each direction would evolve. Geometric objects were enriched with black and white colours giving visual style more academic and precise character. Animations were the endpoint where whole identity came alive.
Final outcome is a brand Identity which is oriented around emotion, authenticity, professionalism and impact. It is a pure definition of form follows function and it will definitely stand out from crowded visual concepts.
- Agency/Creative: Kollektiv
- Article Title: Identity for Architectural practise LOA#3
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Georgia
- Agency/Creative City: Kollekitv/Tbilisi
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Art Direction, Brand Identity, Brand Redesign, Graphic Design, Identity System, Logo Design, Motion Graphics
- Industry: Construction
- Keywords: Architecture, Brand identity, Art Direction, Redesign, Rebranding, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Geometry, Minimal, Black and White, Identity
Designer/Motion Graphics: Giorgi Jananashvili
Art Director: Giorgi Kalmakhelidze
Creator/Art Director: Buba Radiani