I was commissioned to work for Hype&Hyper new visual identity and printed magazine design. Hype&Hyper is a design and lifestyle magazine covering innovation, urban life and creative ecosystems across Central and Eastern Europe.
I made a san serif logotype with a nice ‘&H’ ligature. I inspired by retro photos and interiors, Central and Eastern European design, that’s why the whole identity based on pastel and vivid colors. I really enjoyed working on funny illustrations and colorful custom types. The cover design based on a san serif block typeface and my nice and slim serif typeface. We used Termina, Optima, Menoe Grotesque and my Chloé typeface in the magazine. We tried to show the positive energy of this Central and Eestern European area with this colorful, playful but quality layout, web and identity design. We wanted to arouse interest in the contemporary artists, designers, creators, creatives who lives here and we wanted to present the contemporary, high quality, interesting and colorful cultural and lifestyle values found in this area. Because “East” deserves the Hype.
Thanks to the Hype&Hyper design team for their support (László Bárdos thanks for animated my illustrations) and Júlia Bethlen (layout editor) for working together. Thanks to my wife Eszter Sarah for the beautiful campaign photos, and thanks to Gergely Fáy, (owner of Hype&Hyper) for the trust.
- Agency/Creative: kissmiklos (Miklós Kiss)
- Article Title: Hype&Hyper Magazine Branding Designed by Miklos Kiss
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Hungary
- Agency/Creative City: Budapest
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Design, Brand Identity, Branding, Graphic Design, Illustration, Logo Design, Typography, Web Design
- Industry: Mass Media
- Keywords: lifestyle magazine, design magazine, magazine,
Designer, art director: kissmiklos (Miklós Kiss)