The Inverclyde Community Action Response Group (ICARG) was set up during the lockdown of the Covid19 pandemic. We were asked to create a campaign that had a wide reach across traditional and digital media channels that would combat the stigma associated with asking for help. Coming out of lockdown doesn’t mean that help is no longer needed by those in the Inverclyde community. People and elderly men in particular are too proud to ask for help even though they need it.
The concept we have created gets across the message that it’s ok to ask for help and that you are not alone in what you are going through right now. With our research we realised that this campaign needed to be bright, vibrant and eye catching to be noticed all around Inverclyde and beyond. We had to get our message right and make people take action and be relatable.
The identity remains subtle so that it does not distract from the main campaign, the typography uses a stencil font linking back to the old shipbuilding era of the local area and this can be used across in the brand colours.
For our launch we wanted a big opening presence, so we projected our key messages across various local buildings including the Tower Hill building in Gourock, over the next few weeks this was followed by a billboard campaign, leaflet distribution, local press advertising, and an online digital campaign with social media feeds, including, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We also managed to be included in a BBC disclosure documentary all about lockdown in Inverclyde and what people are doing to help out in the community.
- Agency/Creative: Hutton Creative Design
- Article Title: Hutton Creative Design Create Campaign for Inverclyde Community Action Response Group
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Campaign
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Inverclyde
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Advertising, Art Direction, Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Strategy, Copywriting, Graphic Design
- Industry: Non-Profit
- Keywords: Pandemic, Projection, Social Media, Covid-19, Advertising
Creative/Concept: Mark Hutton
Art Direction/Copywriting: Garth Ivan
Media/Marketing: Louise Hunter