Chocolate. It can be a mucky business, exploiting our sweet tooth and our world alike. Tired of the titans of treats sugarcoating the industry’s inconvenient truths, Chomp! partnered with Hunger Craft to build a brand that bites back.
Dairy-free, conflict-free, slavery-free, bean-to-bar deliciousness, Chomp! is everything the world loves about milk chocolate with absolutely No Chompromises. While people continue to place a high value on the purpose and impact of the companies they buy from, no one wants to be lectured down the chocolate aisle. Instead of positioning ourselves as a niche ethical brand, Chomp! wanted to bring morality into the mainstream, appealing to kids and grown ups alike with a huge sense of fun.
Cute, cheeky and hell-bent on biting back against sugarcoating, Hunger Craft created Chompie as the mascot for Chomp!’s mission. This insatiable little character demolishes injustice, untruths and, of course, chocolate. Leaving a trail of crumbs in their wake, they’ve even taken a chunk out of each pack’s mouthwatering product cameos.
With a powerfully playful wordmark, bold supporting typography and Chomp!’s signature colour palette, Hunger Craft have created a brand that spreads a sense of fun and optimism wherever it goes. Chompie is a master of disguise, becoming a popstar or ice hockey player for the different variants, while straighter icons deliver those all-important proof points. With a suite of brand assets designed to have fun with, all that’s left to do is raise the bar for good and Chomp! for change.
- Agency/Creative: Hunger Craft
- Article Title: Hunger Craft’s New Brand for Chomp! Bites Back Against Sugarcoating
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: Glasgow
- Market Region: North America
- Project Deliverables: Brand Experience, Brand Guidelines, Brand Identity, Brand Tone of Voice, Brand World, Copywriting, Packaging Design
- Format: Sleeve
- Substrate: Pulp Paper
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: Hunger, Chomp, Chocolate, Vegan Chocolate, Nut Chocolate, Vegan
Design Director: Melissa Preston