Anastasio de Eguren Ugarte, is one of the first wines classified as ‘Viñedo Singular*’, the subdivision within the Rioja Denomination that distinguishes the wines from the best estates in Rioja.
Holding a bottle of Anastasio in your hands is literally like holding a piece of vineyard. And not only because of the wine, of which a small number of bottles are produced each year, but also because of its label, a tribute to this concept of parcel wine.
A piece of vineyard bottled
Each bottle is accompanied by a card specifying the particularities of the vineyard. These cards have been produced individually and completely by hand to contain a handful of soil from the Anastasio estate, a way to engage the senses and transport the consumer to the true protagonist of the wine: the vineyard.
In addition, each bottle has been numbered and sealed by hand, a reflection of being a part of a truly unique and exclusive product.
* Viñedo Singular (Single Vineyard) Designed to highlight the terroir and origins of the wine, as well as reflect the diversity of the region, it was introduced in June 2017.
The wines have to come from a single vineyard with differentiating characteristics versus other vineyards in the neighbourhood. The vines must also be 35 years old, and “treated with care following sustainable policies”, while the grapes must be hand-harvested.
In July 2019 the first list of Viñedos Singulares was revealed, but before they are released to market, the wine must be given approval by a special tasting panel set by the Rioja Board.
- Agency/Creative: Hula Estudio
- Article Title: Hula Estudio Creates Anastasio Wine Packaging Design
- Organisation/Entity: Agency
- Project Type: Packaging
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: Spain
- Agency/Creative City: Logroño
- Market Region: Global
- Project Deliverables: Craft, Graphic Design, Packaging Design
- Format: Bottle
- Substrate: Glass Bottle
- Industry: Food/Beverage
- Keywords: wine packaging rioja
Designer: Hula Estudio