Hugmun Design for Cinemateket Trondheim
Cinemateket Trondheim is an arthouse cinema, representing a tradition of 25 years. They have a sophisticated, open-minded audience who love good independent cinema.
Following our work with them on their rebrand, they needed design for their monthly programme which runs throughout the year.
The client was very open to our interpretation and illustrative approach to the series. The March 2020 version is featured here, and the other previous programme designs are in the bottom image.
The series style pushes the boundaries; the idea of falling into a hole, the immersive experience of cinema, travelling through time and space, use of eye-catching and engaging colours and shapes.
We created a set of bizarre and wonderful illustrations for each piece of marketing. The designs are meant to be connected with cinema, Cinemateket and the programme but not in a typical way. The different fonts are characterful and complimentary to the illustrations.
The designs were created for print and also for online and cinema-screen use, where the illustrations are animated.
- Design Agency: Hugmun
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Hugmun Design for Cinemateket Trondheim
- Brand / Project Name: Cinemateket Trondheim
- External Design Credits: Font Foundry: Nikolas Type, Font: Grand Slang
- Strategic Deliverables: Research / Insight
- Design Deliverables: Illustration, Identity System, Branding, Brand Redesign, Graphic Design, Brand Digital Design, Brand Advertising, Rebranding
- Service Brand Application: Email/Newsletter, Outdoor Media, Print Ad Campaign, Print Advertising, Print Brochure, Social Media, Website, Digital Advertising, Cinema
- Location: Norway
- Market Country: Norway
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Keywords: Rebranding, Entertainment, Marketing, Events, Merchandise, Posters, Animation, Flyers, Leaflets, Programme, Illustration, Graphic Design, Branding, Film,
- Industry Category: Entertainment