Hired Guns Creative Revamps Lighthouse Brewing’s Packaging
Lighthouse Brewing Company – founded in 1998 – is one of the original Victoria, BC breweries that started the West Coast craft beer movement. After years of brand fragmentation, Hired Guns Creative was tasked with creating a bold, cohesive identity for this well established brewery in order to drum up interest in their beers and grab the attention of younger customers. Some of these beers have a long history and required new energy while still respecting their heritage.
For the refresh of the branding, we drew a new lighthouse icon based on the lighthouse at Race Rocks. The brewery’s Race Rocks Ale is one of their oldest and best-known products and we wanted to pay homage to it. Utilizing the stripes on the lighthouse, the new mark visually centres more within its circular frame. New typography featuring spurs on the centres of each letter catches the eye and allows the mark to work at smaller scales.
For each product we focused on crafting new narratives that blend Nautical themes wth the fantastical. Action and adventure are packed on the surface of each can. The use of lighthouses is a motif that is leveraged in a number of the can designs. Unique wordmarks give each beer a clear personality. Hidden in the artwork a small lighthouse keeper is ever present.
- Design Agency: Hired Guns Creative
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency, Published Commercial Design
- Article Title: Hired Guns Creative Revamps Lighthouse Brewing’s Packaging
- Brand / Project Name: Lighthouse Brewing Co. 2020 Rebrand
- Production Credits: Creative Direction, Design, Illustration by Hired Guns Creative
- Strategic Deliverables: Brand World
- Design Deliverables: Packaging Design, Illustration, Branding, Graphic Design, Brand Guidelines, Rebranding
- Location: Canada
- Market Country: Canada
- Market Region: North America
- Product Category: Beer & Cider
- Consumer Packaging Format: Bottle, Box, Can
- Consumer Substrate / Material: Glass Bottle, Metal, Pulp Carton