Heritage Inspired Rebrand for Artisan Cooking Sauces from the United Kingdom
Arobase Creative – Pastamoré – Rebrand & packaging
Pastamoré, based in Bridgend, South Wales, are passionate producers of fine Italian cooking sauces. They provide artisan, tomato-based sauces for the catering industry and specialist delicatessens, as well as trading direct to public through food markets and fares. With Italian heritage and family recipes, Pastamoré had created a fantastic set of authentic cooking sauces which truly capture their brand ethos: ‘Love at first taste’. By their own admission, Pastamoré’s branding and packaging fell short of capturing the values of the business and the emotion of the cooking experience. It was up to Arobase to inject their passion, fun and expertise back into the brand.
Pastamoré recipes were ‘just like Grandma used to make’, which inspired images of a traditional Italian kitchen with stunning tile patterns on the walls and floors. After looking at 100s of patterns we developed a hexagonal geometric pattern that would be used as a grid across packs and the rest of the brand. Each product was assigned its own 4 colour palette with a primary ‘tomato red’ swatch used throughout for consistency.
The new logotype is simple and sophisticated moving away from overt Italian references in favour of a clean sans serif font with a hexagonal ‘O’ to nod to the brand patterns. The typography on packs balances the elegant serif display font with a ‘handwritten’ script to add a layer of authenticity and hand craft, reflecting the production of the sauces themselves.”
- Design Agency: Arobase Creative
- Organisation/Project Type: Agency Commercial / Published
- Article Title: Heritage Inspired Rebrand for Artisan Cooking Sauces from the United Kingdom
- Brand / Project Name: Pastamoré - Rebrand and Packaging
- Project Type: Consumer Brand Redesign
- Strategic Deliverables: Consumer Research / Insight, Consumer Product Naming
- Design Deliverables: Consumer Rebranding, Consumer Brand Identity, Consumer Graphic Packaging Design
- Location: United Kingdom
- Market Country: United Kingdom
- Market Region: Europe
- Product Category: Packaging