Haugen is an all day café, restaurant, deli and rooftop bar situated at the gateway to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park serving food which takes inspiration from Alpine dining, owned by D&D London.
Whether it’s a quick Tiroler Wurstsalat for brunch, a lazy Vesper Platte lunch, a takeaway brötchen from the grab and go deli, or romantic Tartiflette for two with a glass of kirsch, Haugen has something for everyone.
The striking building, designed by Hospitality design studio, Afroditi Krassa, is a wooden structure which conjures up images of ski chalets in the Alps. The multi-level venue boasts large windows which flood the space with natural light during the day, while come night time, guests can get cosy in intimate corners thanks to faux fur throws and warm lighting.
The name ‘Haugen’ is a tribute to an unsung hero of the first Winter Olympics in 1924, Anders Haugen and a celebration of Stratford’s role in hosting the 2012 London Olympics. Haugen brings classic Alpine dishes, chalet chic interiors and a playful presence to East London commanding stunning views over the Olympic Park, Aquatic Centre and the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
OED was responsible for the full branding suite from conception to delivery, including all brand elements, branded deli equipment, menu designs, launch collateral, wayfinding and signage.
Combining vintage imagery, bold colours and retro typography, OED created a fun, bright and ever-so-cheeky concept projecting the inclusive and exclusive feeling of a lock-in at the Chalet.
You’ve hit this slopes, now to hit the sloe gins!
- Agency/Creative: Oliver Edge Design
- Article Title: Haugen Bar and Restaurant Branding by Oliver Edge Design
- Organisation/Entity: Freelance
- Project Type: Identity
- Project Status: Published
- Agency/Creative Country: United Kingdom
- Agency/Creative City: London
- Market Region: Europe
- Project Deliverables: Brand Creation, Brand Design, Brand Guidelines, Branding, Graphic Design, Logo Design
- Industry: Hospitality
- Keywords: Branding, Identity, Print Collateral, London, Stratford, Restaurant, Hospitality
Lead Designer: Oliver Edge